Random Fun Facts
- You can stand inside the organ while it is being played.
- There is an actual set of chimes installed in the organ.
- The smallest pipe is the size of a pencil.
- Midmer-Losh was known for extending the length of some manuals; the lowest manual on this organ is extended by two octaves.
- A separate unit plays like a xylophone, but sounds like a harp downstairs.
- A list of donors of the original organ and 1999 reconditioning are in the church’s vestibule. Maybe a family member is on the list!
- Two of the three keyboards lift up at a sharp angle so as to facilitate occasional repairs.
- There are only three known compact disc recordings featuring this organ.
- Most facade pipes are operational, with the exception of the four groups of three smaller pipes, which were added to complete the aesthetic beauty of the organ’s appearance.
- The facade pipes were designed in harmony with the stained glass window behind it, showcasing saints known for their musical contributions.
The Grand OrganHeather Pomponio2021-02-27T18:49:18+00:00